This building was built by Congregation Manassas as the first Jewish Temple in Monroe. It was located on Jackson Street. In 1914 it was torn down and a new Temple took it’s place. The congregation now has a home on Orell Place, which was built in 1961. The ten commandment tablets on the top of the building are now safely housed in the Archives of Temple B’Nai.