It isn’t the best view of the Monroe City High School (Monroe Grammar School), but it is an interesting shot! It was taken at the corner of Wood and Jackson Street (Jackson to the left, Wood on the right). It was built around 1900 as the city’s high school. It had a basement and fire escape slides in the “turrets”. When Neville High School was built in 1932, the old building was turned into a Grammar School. The building was torn down in the 1950s and the site is now Anna Grey Noe Park.