The Boy Scouts had Camp Ki-Ro-Li, but the Campfire Girls had Camp Walohi. W.R. Mitchell donated the land and the public donated the funds to build the buildings. By 1924 it was ready. The 1927 flood put three feet of water in the building, which floated the wood floorboards and busted out the windows. Repairs were made and the girls helped paint the walls.