This business was in the 200 block of Trenton Street in West Monroe, and was owned by G.L. Mills.
This was identified, "First Prize in parade on Trenton Street, July 4th, 1904, Mrs. Louise Williams, Mrs. Silvia Cooley." In the background can be seen the G.B. Haynes building, which had been built four years earlier. It is now known as the Hatchell building.
On the back of this photocopy was written, "200 Block Trenton, West Monroe, LA".
The above photo is of the West Monroe State Bank building, which is now known as Hatchell's Building on Trenton Street in West Monroe. It was built around 1900 by G.B. Haynes. The building is now being remodeled as retail space and apartments.
Will Mitchell, son of W.R., went into business with his father's bookkeeper Edgar Cason and started their own Hardware and Furniture business. The store was located on Trenton street in West Monroe. They were known for selling the Tennessee Wagon, which was the Mercedes of it's day! The building is still there and houses Walsworth … Continue reading Mitchell Cason Building
This is a classic shot up Trenton Street. Most of these buildings are still there!